THE REASON WE ARE IN BUSINESS – OUR ‘WHY’:
We are a customer focused, growth oriented manufacturing partner providing innovative, customer specific solutions to world class brands. We succeed by investing in our people, processes and technology while enhancing our profitability.
THE WAY WE ACHIEVE OUR MISSION:
Be our customers’ first choice by doing “it” right and fast, while making “it” easier and better.
We conduct business responsibly and honestly.
We provide safe workplaces and require safe work practices.
We build respectful relationships and create an environment where talented people thrive.
We strive for excellence, act on opportunity and deliver on commitments.
We improve the communities where we work and live.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
BTD is committed to continually improving all products and services to achieve our customer’s expectations
We do this by: Living our values, providing opportunities for employee involvement, motivation, and training, developing, documenting, and following processes.
AN OTTER TAIL COMPANY
In 1995, BTD became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation. This provided our company with the opportunity and resources to grow our business and better serve the needs of our customers. In addition, it helped expand our management expertise, strategic planning and allowed us to hire and train the best people in the business to make products for our customers.
We are proud to say we are an Otter Tail company!
BTD LEADERSHIP TEAM
AFFILIATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
BTD is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations:
- National Association of Manufacturers
- Precision Metalforming Association
- Manufacturers Alliance
- Minnesota Safety Council
- AWMI (Association of Women in Metal Industries)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- ISO 9001:2015 ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2015
- Canadian CSA Standard W47.1
- American Weld Standard (AWS)
- 1979: Erling Rasmussen and Paul White Jr. establish Bismarck Tool and Die Co. (BTD) in Bismarck, ND as a job shop to design and manufacture dies, fixtures and special machines.
- 1980: In need of additional space, the company moves to Detroit Lakes, MN to better serve established customers in west-central Minnesota and eastern North Dakota.
- 1981: A wire EDM machine is purchased. The machine transforms the quality and lead times for tool construction.
- 1984: 350% Sales Growth since 1981 and purchases it’s first punch press.
- 1991: Bismark Took and Die Co. and MN-Kota Stamping, Inc merge to become BTD Manufacturing, Inc.
- 1995: Otter Tail Corporation in Fergus Falls, MN purchases BTD Manufacturing
- 2005: BTD acquires Performance Tool and Die in Lakeville Minnesota
- 2007: BTD acquires Pro Engineering.
- 2008: BTD aquires Miller Welding & Iron Works in Washington Illinois
- 2009: BTD is inducted into the Polaris Hall of Fame
- 2015: BTD acquires Impulse Manufacturing in Dawsonville Georgia
JOIN OUR TEAM
At BTD, we are committed to helping our employees learn and grow. If you possess the desire to learn the metal fabrication trade, we will guide and train you to work both safely and smartly. Join Our Team!