Skip to content Scroll To Top
- Founded by Earl Rasmussen & Paul White in Bismarck, ND.
- Moved to Detroit Lakes to better serve established customers.
- Initial DL Expansion
- 350% growth since 1981
- Purchased the first punch press.
- Bismarck Tool & Die merges with MN-Kota Stamping Inc. to become BTD MFG.
- Otter Tail Corporation in Fergus Falls, MN acquires BTD MFG.
- Robot Welding
- BTD MFG became an ISO Certified Company.
- Hand Welding
- Tube Bending
- Addition of warehouse in Detroit Lakes & addition of Production Building #2.
- BTD acquires Performance Tool & Die in Lakeville, MN.
- BTD acquires Miller Welding & Iron Works in Washington, IL.
- BTD rebrands organization to align operations for increased efficiencies.
- Manufacturer of the Year - MN Business Magazine.
- Paint Line added to MN operation.
- BTD acquires Impulse Manufacturing in Dawsonville, GA.
- BTD completes MN optimization with 350,000 square foot operation expansion & warehouse alignment.
- Industry Award Winner - The Fabricator.
- BTD expands its southeastern operation with a warehouse in Buford, GA.